Saturday, May 26, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites

It's been over a week since I've posted something. I've been sorely neglecting my poor blog! In my defense, things have been crazy busy, and as a result of such, I'm crazy broke, as I'm sure anyone who has ever been in their mid 20's knows happens. Especially those that had kids at that point. Anyways, I'm sorry.


So, later this weekend, I'm braving another batch of Salted Caramel Cupcakes, but I needed to make something less stressful before I attempt that. Plus hubby and I both had a sweet tooth tonight. And I have fallen in love with Pinterest. Hence, these. 




I love LOVE cookie dough. I'm not a huge fan though of chocolate chip cookies. They're so PLAIN. Actually, I think it's more that I'm just sick of them. I thought about doing a different type of cookie dough, but decided I'd stick with traditional for these. At least mostly. I've discovered these Mallow Bits recently, and I'm obsessed.
They're just the marshmallows that come in the hot chocolate packets. You know, the ones that you tried to fish out as a kid. C'mon, I know I'm not the only one who did it! I'm just the bad one that left the package of hot chocolate WITHOUT marshmallows for someone else to discover after it was too late for them to realize that the marshmallow part was missing. I was terrible. Actually, until I found these, I still did it. Hubs was NOT happy the first time it happened. There was quite the string of expletives as he poured the mix into a mug of hot water only to find that there was no marshmallows. OOPS. 


Okay. Now. Onto the recipe. I didn't have mini chocolate chips as the original recipe called for, so I chopped up a Hershey's bar I had in my pantry to miniature chunks. And I'm obsessed with the Mallow Bits. Of course those are in there too. And it's hot today, so I didn't want to turn my oven on. PERFECT. The dough is a bit crumbly, but as long as you warm it slightly with your hand by pressing it together into a ball, they stay together pretty well after that. 


Ingredients:


1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1/4 - 1/2 cup chopped chocolate bar or mini chocolate chips
1/4 - 1/2 cup Mallow Bits


Directions:


In a large bowl, stir together butter, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Gradually add flour. Stir in chocolate and marshmallows.


Roll into 1" balls and refrigerate or freeze until firm. Drizzle or dip in chocolate, or eat as is! 



No comments:

Post a Comment