Saturday, April 28, 2012

Honey Beer Bread

3 words.

Oh. My. God.

This recipe was eye opening. Who would have thought to use the butter this way? GENIUS. 



Ingredients:

1 cup whole wheat flour
2 cup bread flour (can use all-purpose)
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp honey
12oz beer 
6 tbsp butter, melted

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Grease a loaf pan.

Whisk together flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add honey and beer and mix until just combined. You may want to warm the honey before you add it so it's easier to mix in. If the dough is too dry, you can add 1-2 tbsp of water. 

Put half of the melted butter in the bottom of the loaf pan. Add the dough and smooth out as best you can. Pour the rest of the melted butter over the top of the dough. Bake for 50-60 mins until golden brown. 

The butter being used this way.. GENIUS. I thought it was going to give it a soggy crust, but it was soggy in no way, shape or form. It was PERFECT. 

Now. I know that there are different types of beers. Lots of different types. For this one, I used PBR because that's what I had in my fridge.. 


I don't know that I would use something as dark as a Guinness or Arrogant Bastard, but you could definitely use a good amber and it would be wonderful. 

Now. It's time to slice.. Apply butter liberally.. And ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment