Monday, April 16, 2012

BBQ Beef Roll-ups

I work. A lot. And I have two VERY hungry, growing kids. Oh, did I mention how picky they are? Yeah. Dinner sometimes can be a challenge. This, however, is possibly one of the simplest things I've ever made. Our local grocery store had their pre-made shredded BBQ meats on sale as I was looking for dinner after work, and that was shortly after I passed the refrigerated croissant dough that was also on sale. Needless to say, between that and the remnants of the Costco bag of shredded cheese I knew was in my refrigerator, I knew what to do! The best part about this is that you could do anything really with it. I used butter croissants (because we all already know my affinity for butter), shredded beef (because hubby doesn't like pork, and I didn't feel like chicken), whatever type of cheese you have on hand (or none at all!). Heck, you could even add in some bacon! YUM! Who doesn't like bacon? 


They're messy. I'll warn you now. But oh-so-good. 




Ready? Hungry yet? Good! 


Ingredients:


1 can refrigerated croissant dough
1/2 cup (give or take) shredded BBQ meat
1/4 cup shredded cheese


Directions:


Preheat oven according to directions on croissant package.


Unroll  dough to triangles. Place about a tablespoon of filling at the top of each triangle, and sprinkle with cheese. Mine were different size triangles (yeah, yeah, yeah, so I buy the off-brand..), so I  had to adjust for the variations. 


Roll up from the wide end.


Place them on a foil lined cookie sheet, evenly spaced. Once all are filled, throw it in the oven for the time specified on the croissant package. (Yours won't look this full if you use one package. My kids are monsters that eat like we'll all starve tomorrow..)


Bake until golden brown on top. Let cool for a couple minutes, then serve! (Keep in mind that the center will be HOT for awhile. Learn from my desperation.)




Again, there are so many variations of this that you'll possibly never be bored. Possibly. If you're not like I am. Otherwise you'll be sick of it after two nights in a row. 




If anyone else thinks of any other fun variations of these, let me know for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment